Network architecture is basically a design of a computer network which illustrate how all computers and devices in a computer network are organized.
There are two types of computer architectures are P2P (Peer to Peer) and Client-Server architecture.
P2P network is just like a family where each person like mother, father, sister, brother are related and connected to each other.
Client-Server architecture is like a classroom where a teacher teaches and all student are connected to him for learning.
Peer to Peer Architecture
FIg. 1. Peer to Peer Network
In peer to peer architecture all the computers and devices are directly connected with every other computer in the network.
Advantage of peer to peer network is that
1) there is no central point of failure.
2) Installation of peer to peer architecture is easy.
1) Each computer has to take individual backup of all transactions and operation history rather than a single central computer.
2) while adding a new computer or device it need to be connected to every device which is a long process.
Fig. 2. Client-Server Network
In Client Server architecture all devices are connected to central device and all network operation are performed via this central device called server.
Advantages of Client Server Architecture are
1) It is easy to set up and manage all devices and their transactions.
2) Resources and data security are controlled through the central server.
Disadvantages of a client/server Architecture is
1) It requires a network operating system which may be costly.
2) Failure of central server results in overall network outage.